Preganacy weight gain, hmmm what a touchy topic. Husbands are afraid to say anything and will even comfort us when we are rummaging through the closet only to find that even the old faith sweat pants will not fit anymore. Can you gain too much weight too soon in pregnancy? If so is there any turning back before the birth of your child? These are the scenarios that run thru my head as I find myself 41lbs heavier and only 23 weeks (1 week shy of 6 months for those that are not mothers). Most would say oh you can worry about that after the baby or the baby needs the fat that you put on. Wrong answer. Some would also argue that it is dangerous to attempt to lose weight during your pregnancy and I will say that this is true for a untrianed individual. So I will give my disclaimer and say PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. When I was pregnant with my daughter in 2008 I gained 72lbs and was at 212lbs 5'5. This pregnancy I started a little heavier than before at roughly 160lbs and still 5'5. 5 months into this pregnancy I have found myself at 201.4lbs, uncomfortable and almost not able to tie my own shoes. Yeap me, the personal trainer, health educator and personal health advocate. I have told some but not very many people have heard me, "I love to eat". 85% of the time I am a lean clean eating monster but the other 15% of the time I like to indulge. Alot of people think that because we are trainers we don't like cookies or chips. New flash, we like them just as much as anyone else. Discipline and will power are the keys. Pregnancy gave me a excepted excuse to ignore those principles. All of the things that I would avoid or limit my intake of have now become a daily routine for me and exercising and eating healthy have become foreign concepts to my body. So what do I do now that I think I have gain too much weight too fast? I slow the process down. I have gained more weight than is typically required for a full term pregnancy so I am going to attempt to not gain anymore weight. I will not be stupid, trust me. My first priority is my health and my unborn child and that is a part of my reasoning for taking on this challenge. I spoke with my nurse coach that I speak with monthly during my pregnancy and she seems to think that there is no problem with attempting to do so and even encouraged me to do it. Next step will be getting the officially ok from the doctor in 2 days and I am going to start my journey. This ought to be interesting. More details to come. I intend to carefully document every step that I take.